Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

Saxon SYW - IR6 Prince Maxmillian

These have been done for a while but only had photos taken on the painting table. So here they are on the field so to speak.  Again they are Eureka figures and they were beautifully cast with little to no flash.

 

 
This was my first unit painted and when I saw them in line like that I realised it needed to have an odd number of bases so the command base would sit in the middle.  So I have gone back and acquired the extra figures to give me 5 bases of 6 for the infantry regiments.  I am tossing up whether they should be 2 figure wide and three deep.  This would give me greater space on the table top to deploy them.

7 comments:

  1. Very handsome! I agree that command look better centered but offset is ok too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. Yep I think I need the extra one.

      Delete
  2. What a superb painting advert for Eureaka Miniatures figures. That will be a big unit with the extra base but very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. Love your blog - have just spent a good hours looking browsing.

      It will be a big unit - but as it is my first I am playing around a bit. I would love to squash the figs up a bit but the rest of the lead mountain is Front Rank and Crusader - both needing the 20mm width per figure. These Eureka's are quite a bit slighter.

      The other thing I contemplating is 3 ranks deep. Will be able to get more figs onto the table then.

      Richard

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking figures, very nice paint job. Maybe uniformity will appeal after I've finished my Italian wars figures, you've done a grand job on these and I can see why you would want the command to be central and all equal.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete