Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2020

More German builds

I have continued with the current spurt of building effort - all of which I am enjoying immensely. Even though many of the models built are from ACE, the building is a great break from what is an extremely busy period at (home) work.

So a few special pieces that I have been working on.  First up is an ACE Citroen car which I have needed to do some surgery on to open the door so that I can recreate one of the iconic photos of my favourite battle (and also featured in a favourite supplement guide).



Does anyone know where I can get hold of a dead German officer for draping?


Then this wonderful model of a Vomag 88mm Flak from Roden.


Still need to select a crew as well as put various bits of stowage on the back of the vehicle.

Lastly, I have started one of a few pieces that I have been collecting for a few years after reading of the action at Rethem in the wonderful book “No Triumphant Procession” by John Russell.


2 comments:

  1. Lots of fun looking models! Nice to see you posting again, have you been using your wonderful renaissance army recently?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain.

      I've had a few games with the Italians - used the Papal army early in the year. No photos though I'm afraid.

      Richard

      Delete