Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Preparing for Christmas

Don't worry, this is not going to be the first sign that Christmas is coming in the shops (if you can even get to the shops at the moment).


No - I have decided to spend the next three months in the lead up to Christmas finishing off the various painting tasks that I have started and not completed over the past few years.

They sit on trays and shelves around my desk - cluttering up, occasionally falling and breaking something and generally staring at me and causing great anxiety :)

I spent last night moving various 'unstarted' ideas back down into the basement and cleaning up the desk.  Then I went around the room and made a list of all of the groups of things that I have started but not completed.  The list is comprised of 48 mini projects - ranging from two 10mm buildings through to 36 Italian Wars pikemen.  A few more ideas on the variety:

  • scales / sizes - 6mm, 10mm, 20mm and 28mm
  • terrain, vehicles, aircraft and figures
  • Napoleonics, Italian Wars, WW2, Ancients, WSS
First up will be making the last touches on the first four buildings of Kleinstadt. 

3 comments:

  1. Good mid-range plan, you have. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is the second day in a row that I have been up here at the desk painting, so it is working so far. Will have a few photos later tonight I think.

      Richard

      Delete
  2. Bravo mate, I also started the great clean up, just finishing and doing little jobs has been a great motivator.

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete