Pages

Friday, March 29, 2024

Italian Wars Stradiots

My first unit for the Italian Wars in a few years.  These are 4 light cavalry Stradiots using TAG miniatures in 28mm.





The horses have been painted with the oil wipe method as I have used in the past, which I like as it gives good depth to the colour and does not require much thought to get the highlights and shading in the correct places. As it is messy and takes some time to dry, it is not something that I want to do on 4 horses alone so there are another 8 (2 units of light cavalry) mounted crossbowmen that were done at the same time - the crossbowmen need to be painted.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, Richard! I have a few units of Stradiots out on my table now for a refight of Fornovo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work Richard, great to see you getting some of the lead pile under control!

    ReplyDelete