Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2021

3d Printing

I have wanted to get a grand building that I could use in the context of the Italian Wars collection.  I have the wonderful Mirliton sets which I'll post photos of below and wanted to be able to have a place to put a scriptorium in or at different times a grand manor kitchen service a Duke's feast.

I got a 3d printer late last year and have been mainly printing 1/300 stuff for WWII but stumbled upon the Infinite Dimensions site who had a Sciptorium model.  So I paid my money for the files and have been printing it on and off over the past month.

All of the structure is finished - just need to print the doors.  I am very happy with what I have got and think I will be even happier once painted.  I plan on joining the pieces of each floor together so they lift on and off in one piece.

It is very large so don't see it making an appearance often and only then as a centre piece in a town and on the biggest tables.






 



And these are from Mirliton to go with it.  I realise they are slightly out of period - but I am happy with that.





And from Eureka their orchestra to stand on the balcony and entertain.















11 comments:

  1. That will make a splendid centrepiece, especially with those diorama like miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Think it will scrub up pretty well. Maybe just as a prop for photos but at this point in my hobby i am very much about the look of a game.

      Richard

      Delete
  2. Very cool- would love to see this when it's all done..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. You can be sure I’ll be putting up photos when it is done. A lot of work ahead though :)

      Richarf

      Delete
  3. fantastic mate,

    3d printing is still Voodoo to me!

    I will take one, just smuggle it into your suitcase on the next trip to europe!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was voodoo to me as well until 3 months ago.

      Good luck on the last dream :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous and unusual pictures, I do like the monks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Phil.

      While I still have a lot of miniatures to paint and want to play big battles, I am at a stage where the look of the table and the pieces are the thing that gives me the greatest pleasure.

      Richard

      Delete
  5. Fantastic looking structure, I look forward to seeing it finished as well as your German buildings, that will be impressive! The Mirliton and Eureka civilians will fit right in!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iain sorry it has taken some time to post your comment and reply - work has been all consuming. At the moment it is packed away safely waiting on me making some serious progress on the 1813 project before I take a break and go back to the Italian Wars.

      Richard

      Delete