Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2018

And some Romans

These are the first Romans for my Punic armies and my first ones ever.  They are the lovely Aventine Miniatures figures - a real joy to paint and so well animated.  Shield designs are from the equally good LBMS.

The photos are shocking - taken with the phone and flash in a dark room.  Shades are much harsher than in reality and yet some are not visible (the red). As I do more I will try and take better photos - but at the moment just blogging something is an improvement for me on the past 18 months :)



8 comments:

  1. I love Aventine figures and your work is splendid.
    Good to see you back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. Lots more Aventine where they came from :)

      Delete
  2. Most impressive unit, love these beautiful shields and the paintjob...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. The LBMS transfers do all the hard work on the shields. Some complain bitterly about them but I think they are wonderful and have very little trouble with them.

      Richard

      Delete
  3. Aventine are beautiful sculpts, and you have done them proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scott - and they are great blokes to deal with as well.

      Delete
  4. Lovely sculpts and paint job, nice to see you posting again!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Iain 0 let's hope I can keep up the posting :)
    Richard

    ReplyDelete